How to become a customer
In this section you will find useful information in the following cases:
- If you want to connect your site to the electricity distribution grid;
- If you have purchased an electricity supplied property;
- If you are a user under a lease agreement or on other grounds of an electricity supplied property;
- If you have sold an electricity-supplied property or you have ceased to be its user.
As part of the Common European Framework, in Bulgaria two separate companies are responsible for providing electricity power and electricity supply to customers on a regulated market. For the territory of Northeastern Bulgaria these are:
Electrodistribution North AD – an electricity distribution company that holds a license for the activity of electricity distribution. The company maintains and operates the electricity distribution grid and transmits electricity on the territory of Northeast Bulgaria for the purposes of supplying end customers, both on the regulated market and on the electricity market at freely negotiated prices.
ENERGO-PRO Sales AD – a power supply company that holds a license for the final supplier of electricity in Northeastern Bulgaria with included rights and obligations for the activity "coordinator of a balancing group” As an end supplier, ENERGO-PRO Sales AD supplies electricity to household and non-household customers, whose sites are connected to the electricity distribution grid at low voltage level, when these customers have not selected another supplier.
ENERGO-PRO Sales AD also holds a license for supply of electricity by a supplier of last resort on the territory of Northeastern Bulgaria, including rights and obligations for the activity "coordinator of a balancing group". As a supplier of last resort, the company supplies electricity to:
(1) customers, whose sites are connected to the electricity distribution network at medium voltage level, until their selection of another supplier;
(2) customers who have been left without a supplier on the electricity market at freely negotiated prices.
ENERGO-PRO Sales AD also holds a license for electricity trading, including rights and obligations for the activity "coordinator of a balancing group". The company has the right to carry out the activity under the license on the whole territory of the Republic of Bulgaria.
The licenses are issued by the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission (EWRC) according to the Energy Act.
1. What should I do if I want a new site to be connected to the grid of Electrodistribution North AD and supplied with electricity by ENERGO-PRO Sales AD?
If your site is not yet connected to the electricity distribution grid of ENERGO-PRO or needs a change in the facilities, it is necessary to prepare and submit a set of documents in the most convenient for you Customer Service Center. You can find more about the accession procedure on the ERP North website.
2. What should I do when acquiring a real estate supplied with electricity by ENERGO-PRO Sales AD?
A change in ownership of real estate leads to a change in the contractual relationship with your energy supplier and the electricity distribution company. Therefore, when you buy real estate, it is necessary within 30 days to enter into contractual relations with ENERGO-PRO Sales AD and Electrodistribution North AD. The service is free of charge.
According to the General Terms and Conditions of both companies, you must submit documents in person or through an authorized person to a Customer Service Center convenient for you within 30 days of acquiring the property:
Applications to fill in (available in Bulgarian):
Documents from which you must provide in original:
- ID document;
- Power of attorney, if you are an authorized person, a copy of it is attached to the applications;
- Originals or notarized copies of the documents certifying the right of ownership or the real right of use over the property /for reference/;
- Notarized consent from the other co-owners of the property, if there is a regime of co-ownership, the electricity batch to be registered in your name (submitted together with the applications);
- Certificate for heirs, if the property is hereditary (the same must be issued no later than 6 months from the date of entry of the applications) and consent of all heirs to transfer the customer number to you;
- Minutes of the General Assembly for common areas (elevator, staircase, parking lots) in case of condominium;
Please note that if you do not enter into a contractual relationship for the sale of electricity and for access to and transmission of electricity, you will not be able to receive information about the object of electricity supply, including requesting inquiries, signals and inquiries, to request additional services to ENERGO-PRO Sales AD and Electrodistribution North AD;
3. What should I do when I sell a real estate supplied with electricity by ENERGO-PRO Sales AD?
According to the General Terms and Conditions of ENERGO-PRO Sales and ERP North you must notify in person or through an authorized person in a Customer Service Centre convenient for you within 30 days of the change of ownership by submitting:
The power supply of the site will be suspended if the new user has not declared entering into contractual relations according to item 1. – Free text application (Request 0069);
The power supply of the site will be suspended if the new user has not declared entering into contractual relations according to item 1.
4. May the tenant of the premises/site be a customer of ENERGO-PRO?
Yes, if the tenant provides a lease agreement and notarized consents from the property owner, a customer of ENERGO-PRO Sales AD and Electrodistribution North AD to become the tenant;
This service is completely free of charge for both the tenant and the property owner;
For this purpose it is necessary to perform the procedure under item 1. prepare and submit the documents described below in one of our Customer Service Centres by enclosing a Lease Agreement and notarized Declarations of Consent of the owner of the site.